Monday, April 7, 2008

A picture book for all ages -- The Happy Rain.


The Happy Rain (click here for link) was such a good read. It is a picture book for all ages, especially those who like a good laugh! It is written by Jack Sendak and illustrated by Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are was a favorite of mine: I read it to J last week.) Highlights: While the flowering trees and shrubs, our pink tulips and the tender lime green shoots of the deciduous trees are easy on the eyes, it has been overcast and chilly here. Good time for clutter removal. We had our house enthroned to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary last Thursday -- very solemn and fun and beautiful -- the quintessential "both/and" of Catholicism (that's for you, Rach...). What else? Lots of playtime with friends. First dance class for JB. First "Mud class" for J; he made a squirrel which we'll see, after firing, next Thursday. Oh! and, last Friday, Mom and friend, Lisa, had a needed MNO. Some of my friends know that I really like Holly Pierlot's book A Mother's Rule of Life. I should write a rule of life for disabled ("differently abled," if you like, which I do!) moms. Christianity really covers all the bases. If I just show up for the practice of my faith, I am amazed at how creative we can be in getting the really important things done. My prolonged illness and subsequent disability has taught me, and still teaches me at every turn, how important it is to reach out for support and encouragement. And, of course, to be a source of support and encouragement. M took the above photo with her phone at J's 1st "Mud" class. A blessed Eastertide to us all!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

TAG! You're it! I tagged you for a parable meme that I thought you would be great at answering. Go to my blog to see what to do.

Love,
R.