Saturday, April 12, 2008

Soft, lovely rain in Georgia...

This morning I silently crept out of bed -- as silent as a person can be with two huge dogs lopping along behind her. It was darker than usual at 7:45 a.m. I let the dogs out back and sat down to pray in our well-worn recliner in the family room. Yes, I started to drift back asleep, but the prospect of grinding coffee, feeding the dogs and looking out the window, with everyone sound asleep upstairs, got me up and going. I let the dogs back in for their breakfast. Then, the rain came.

It was lovely. It came in soft waves, stopping a bit, then swelling back in a soft, yet abundant, shower. I was thinking of how, two days earlier, my dear friend Jenny and I were taking a slow stroll over at Newtown park and the moist breeze was strong, yet soft and damp, the way it can be at the seashore early in the morning or late at night.

This week we were blessed to catch up with friends in our neighborhood who we have known since our #1 daughter was in the womb. Next month, we celebrate 14 years in this house. I know the next 14 years of life will go by even faster (what is it about time just whizzing by the older you get!?!). Jenny and Terry, I love you gals with all my heart! We have seen so much of life together. Life holds so much in the way of joys and trials, laughter and weeping; and, at the same time, there is so much love and hope to help us stay our course. May we all stay blessed!

No comments: