Monday, December 1, 2008

What makes a house a home...



Here is my girl, very excited about her new digs. She is standing right under what will be her new room. She and Dad went up this afternoon, while I stayed here with our little man, who is the last to fall with our flu/bad cold. M is up in KY working in her grandfather's office (he is an eye doctor) and enjoying gabbing and cooking with her Mimi. Jb, J and I watched alot of home movies today -- so many good times and beautiful memories. May the next 15 years of my marriage be so blessed! Little man made a blanket tent and drank gobs of Sprite. I feel grateful for being part of a home. It is so often said that home is where the heart is. I believe that home is largely an interior concept. Being at home in our flesh is a real challenge and one that I do not think truly possible without communion with the Blessed Trinity -- and, even then, we struggle and fall (thank goodness the Prince of Peace gave us the Sacraments to lift us up!). Well, I am rambling here. On a lighter note, I feel so blessed to have so many close friends in my life. I hope that when I move houses, I will ask God for the grace necessary to keep both old and new friends close to my heart. His grace truly is sufficient. He is full of love and mercy; it is I that tend to hold Him back...rambling again! What a mess! The idea of the "messy apostolate" keeps passing through my mind.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the look of the blog, much more you. The pictures are great. You need to call me and fill me in on Thanksgiving. You were in my prayers. I love you lots and lots!