Monday, March 10, 2008

Giving Jesus Monday

I have always had trouble with Monday mornings, mainly because we have just gotten used to Dad being home and synched in and then off he goes for nearly 12 hours. So, several months back, I signed us up for 10am Monday Adoration of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. I cannot say I felt much consolation this morning;but, later today, when I looked back at all of our little accomplishments: J and JB helped sick sister M, J and I read about Ancient Rome, JB did her spelling and beautiful cursive, some outdoor/fresh air time, lots of laundry and housework, phone calls, emails, singing, dancing, guitar lesson, play time, dog, cat and guinea pig time, Rosary prayed and three home-cooked meals...well, we were blessed. Our Lord blesses our efforts, no matter the degree of hesitation with which they are offered.
learning notes: we need to post our cool math books for artsy types, get those pics up, plan activities for St. Patrick and, esp., St. Joseph. I want to transplant mini-Christmas tree in kitchen. Do another construction paper body part, like last week's cool tongue. M's 12th bday is around the corner in May. St. Edmund Campion, pray for us!

No comments: