Monday, December 28, 2009

Our 12 days, so far...

On the eve of Christmas, my true loves gave to me...
a lovely Christmas luncheon, a trip to Holy Mass and prayer in front of our stunning parish nativity.

On the first day of Christmas, my true loves gave to me...
sleeping in til 9am, siblings getting along, lots of pretty presents and spaghetti lunch in front of our nativity.

On the second day of Christmas, my true loves gave to me...
sweet memories of Christmas dinner with cousins, cleaning our bedroom, topped off with a
small nativity.

On the third day of Christmas, my true loves gave to me...
morning Mass praying with the Holy Family, a chaffeured drive to Kentucky, an elegant home-cooked dinner and family dogs romping together in our continued celebration of our Savior's Holy Nativity.

On the fourth day of Christmas, my true loves gave to me...
Mimi's delicious hot coffee on a brisk, winter morning with more romping dogs, a quiet afternoon with Jaybird and a movie and a love of prolonged Christmas, thinking always of that blessed nativity

No comments: