Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stress and Swelling and Shortness-of-breath, oh my!


Often in the course of my lupus-like condition, I have thought of the moment in the film The Wizard of Oz, when they fear they are lost and that reality is pressing, is closing in around them. For anyone who suffers a recurrent, inflammatory condition, like asthma, ra, fibro, lupo, etc..., the world shrinks, the body closes in and all's you can do is slow down and wait to get out of the dark, scary forest. Well, as I was telling some of my dear sisters in Christ today, for the most part, I offer it up and keep it between me and my loving Savior and His Holy Mother....that way I receive the privilege of helping Jesus and Mary save souls. I do not believe I deserve such a privilege. It makes the ills of the body more than bearable. "Redemptive suffering" is a blessing beyond description. I know this, though my feelings may be fickle. So, Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

No comments: