Thursday, August 7, 2008

Yard Sale fun and a spontaneous trip


We are having a good time preparing for our TORCH annual yard sale that will take place this Saturday. Also, very exciting that it looks like the children and I are going to squeeze in one more trip to the seashore before we start our fall coop studying marine life. What a happy coincidence! J-bird is going to help me bag up some sand and shells to present to the TORCH students. I am still working on my booklists for J and JB. I am still "shaking in my boots" a bit at M's decision to enroll in KOLBE, but, at the same time, I realize that the best way to learn is to teach, so I am sure she will teach me and she will learn. I will teach her, and I will learn. Years ago, a friend of mine in the real estate business, would often say, "God is in the details." This reminds me of my little plaque that I bought at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit in Conyers, Georgia. (Jerry took me and the children there for Mother's Day in 2003, when I was very sick.) I placed this plaque on window by my kitchen sink, as a message from God to me. It is by Mother Teresa, "We can do no great things, only small things with great love." This is by a woman who did such great and amazing things for humanity and for God. I think the point is that she did not go about it all at once. She took each day as the blessing it was, and allowed the good Lord and His Mother to help her parse out her mission as a daily mission, powered by the Holy Spirit through personal prayer and devotion. Love is prayer put into action. I think another point that this quote brings forth is that a day without prayer is not a day in the life of a missionary. Parenthood is a missionary vocation. We are all constantly travelling and constantly serving, constantly loving. Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of the faithful and enkindle in them the fire of Your Love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created and You shall renew the earth. Amen.

No comments: