Sunday, June 15, 2008

What we're reading, what we're eating...


Upon my friend Rachel's encouragement, months ago, I bought the book Saving Dinner, and am now finally going to try a 6 day menu from it. It has taken me 4 days to do the shopping, and I still have a few items to purchase. Even with my imperfect organizational skills, I think the menu will save us time and money. Lynne Ely, the author, arranges her menus seasonally, which is fun.


J and I are still reading Henry and Mudge and telling stories and reading Grimm's fairy tales. JB likes the Amazing Days of Abby Hayes and she is drawing and writing alot lately. I started the lovely picture book, Seabird, by Holling Clancy Holling. The prose was too elaborate for J, but I am drawn in and hope to finish it.


Today I began Graham Greene's novel, The Power and the Glory. I hope to write about that soon.

No comments: