Wednesday, April 18, 2007

"Domine, quo vadis?"

St. Francis of Assisi prayer:
Lord,
make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where
there is injury, pardon;where there is doubt,
faith;where there is despair, hope;where there is darkness, light;where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be
consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to
love.
For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are
pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

I joked with my friend Sara (and no, I was not talking to myself...) that I had "blogged and burned". We have been really busy preparing for our TORCH dramas. Joy-Beth was in Pinocchio this last Saturday, and Maggie will act in The Hobbit this weekend. I will creep out of my blog slacking with the above prayer. It is one of my favorite prayers.

The prayer of the month of March was "Domine, quo vadis?" "Lord, where are you going?" The children and I prayed this from our hearts. We are really trying to follow Him. Our Lord Jesus Christ asks alot of us, but His companionship is so sweet. We are so blessed with the families in our homeschooling co-op; the cooperation we have experienced in this group brings our religion to life. Our Catholic faith is beautiful. It is lived. I pray after taking the Eucharist, "Lord, I am in You and You are in me." As a convert, I experience Holy Mother Church and her children as my family. All persons are God's children, and, I believe that when the Lord met Peter leaving Rome that day, He was yet again revealing to a besieged and suffering humanity (through this encounter with the very human St. Peter) that God became man to suffer with him. He encouraged Peter to turn around, walk back in to Rome and be brutally killed on a cross in close imitation of his Savior. Peter did not have to follow Him back. He could have kept walking and returned at a safer time. Our Catholic faith is not about safety. It is sometimes about comfort. It is often risky. It is always about Love.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Glad to see you're posting on your blog again! I enjoy reading it.
-Ann J.