Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Down the Rabbit Hole

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Here we go! I have no idea what I am doing, but I am doing it anyway! Here is my first post on this cold January day in Georgia. I sat with the children by the fire waiting for their father to come home from work. They were listening to music on their new Macbooks, and I was reading the new February Catholic Digest and was struck by this beautiful quote:


The world is all gates, all opportunities, strings of tension waiting to be
struck.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few days back, my husband and I were discussing how anything worth doing involves tension and frustration. To try to avoid these just causes more tension and frustration, so we might as well accept, even embrace, life's difficulties. I am mounting this blog, in part, to break out of my comfort zone. Can a blog be a blessing? Only time will tell.